Thursday, July 9, 2009

funeral etiquette???

Okay....so this has been bothering me..so here goes....
The other day I was driving down the road in town and a funeral procession passed by me. Now, growing up in the south we were always told to pull over to show respect for the grieving family, so I stopped to let the procession pass me. No one else stopped or even slowed down and some even honked at me for stopping. I was so pissed off about this. I mean it takes only about a minute for all the cars to go by and people have such little regard for others that they are too busy to show just a little respect?? I mean come on...
Is this something that happens in other parts of the country? Do only people in the south care enough to stop for one minute of their day?
If these same rude people were in that funeral procession you know they would want to have the road cleared for them to get through as a group.
This is something that happens from time-to-time and it always makes me so mad. I'm always complaining about it to M.
pheeewwww.....okay, I am better now......

No comments:

Post a Comment