Tuesday, February 3, 2009

day 34?......yet again, snow

Okay, so I've decided to change careers and become a weather forecaster. I mean, how the hell can I do any worse of a job than those yo-yo's getting paid all the big bucks?
Supposedly, we were going to get 1-3 inches. Well....can you guess that a man said that because we had at least 8 inches.
And, I was fortunate enough to get to snow-blow the seven driveways on our cul-de-sac. I literally had ice hanging on my eyelashes and my hair was frozen. It wasn't a pretty site.....which is why there won't be any pics on this post.
I think I might be suffering from PTSD after the ordeal today......seriously.....I'm still having flashbacks of blinding snow pelting me in the face as I trudge through my neighbors yards trying to control that insane beast of a snow blower. Have you ever inhaled blowing snow? I don't recommend it. Did you know there are different speeds on those things? Who needs the Y....just give me lots of snow and I can chase that damn machine up the street. Maybe that could be the next challenge on The Biggest Loser....that would be hilarious.
Of course all the above happened after I made the 20 mile drive home that took 1 hour and 40 minutes....and that is before the roads really started to get bad. Then I almost nailed the tail end of my MIL's car...though to be fair she isn't the best parker...it only took us about 4 years to convince her to get the tail of her car onto our driveway and not leave it hanging out into the street so the mailman can't get to the mailbox....
MIL & FIL are staying the night here because we told them not to chance it.....just the thought of them off in some ditch....
BTW.......Em, hope you made it home okay...and everyone else that lives near me and skulks around my blog on occasion....
Think this means more snow days to make up for school??????

1 comment:

  1. I've always said I wanted to be a hurrican predictor. I mean, what other job can you be wrong 100% of the time and still keep your employment?!?

    ReplyDelete