Saturday, February 14, 2009

day 45.....birthdays and valentines

Two years ago today I received the most amazing Valentine's present ever......these 3 healthy, beautiful babies. Yes, my triplets were born on February 14th. No, it wasn't planned that way.

I had mentioned that it would be pretty neat to have 'valentines babies' but the doctors were insistent they would not be born for a few more weeks. Well, apparently the girls had a different idea. On 2/13, during a regular growth ultrasound, the doctor discovered that the girls had not grown enough during the 2-week period between ultrasounds, and that it was time to deliver.
So, call it luck, or chance, or fate, or whatever....but I got my 'valentines babies'.

The picture above was the first day they all slept together, so they were not quite two days old. They stayed in that crib together until they went home at 16 days old.
left to right is m, e & s.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY my little monkeys!!!

I can't believe they are two years old already!

2 comments:

  1. I hope they had a fabulous Valentine's Bday!

    That picture is just gorgeous. They are so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! It seems like just yesterday for me too...Hope the kids had a good one! See you tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete