Monday, December 15, 2008

A snippet in time

Here is a typical exchange during the morning.

d: Mommy! Babies behind the couch! (screaming this across the house because I obviously couldn't hear otherwise)

me: Okay, I'm coming.

(10 seconds later)
d: Mommmmyyy!! Babies, behind the couch!!! (imagine the volume increasing here)

me: Okay, I'm coming.
(problem resolved)

(2 minutes later)
d: Mommy! e has the remote control.

me: Okay, I'm....

d: Mommy! m unplugged the lamp.

me: Okay, I...

(5 seconds later)
d: Mooommmmyyyy!!!!! I want a show!!

me: Oka....

d: Mommy! I WANT A SHOW!!! SHOW! NOW ! NOW !

(muttered under my breath)
me: Dear God, give me the strength to get through the first half hour of the day
(time: 7:45am)....why, oh why, can't they offer all day..or better yet 24/7....preschool??

1 comment:

  1. I've muttered that same prayer. Over. And over. And over.

    ReplyDelete